lecture: QGis as a platform: transforming the desktop QGis for tablet use in Flanders fields
In this talk we'll take the off-the-shelf QGis you've come to know and love on your desktop and search the limits of customization. We'll transform the standard desktop application to a version tailored for tablet use including a finger-friendly interface, camera integration and full offline editing support with data synchronisation.
Taking QGis where no QGis has gone before, we take the theory into Flanders fields. We demonstrate the possibilities of the technology with a use case where QGis is used in the field to assess soil erosion in the hills of Flanders.
Thanks to a strong foundation and simple yet powerful customization options, we learn that Qgis can really outperform your expectations, even outside of its (or your?) comfort zone. Bring your boots!
Start time: 14:30
Room: Room Berlin
- Plenary Chamber
- How GIS-friendly are Graph Databases today?
- Fireplace Room
- GIS FOSS based products for renewable energy mapping and assessment in the Arabian Peninsula
- Rhine Lobby
- How to Visualize Indoor Data in 2D Map? Is This the Way to Go?
- Room Bonn
- Serving earth observation data with GeoServer: addressing real world requirements
- Plenary Office
- How the Land Administration community profits from Open Source
- Developing an Open Pedestrian Landmark Navigation Model