lecture: Using PostGIS in a real advanced way !
A lot of people use PostGIS as a basic GIS toolbox, but very few use it
in a real advanced way.
To progress towards full PostGIS power, we can first make use of
advanced native PostGIS functions. Using some extensions related to
PostGIS, such as SFCGAL (for 3D data management), PostGIS Raster,
PgPointCloud or even the latest pgsql-postal (for address normalization)...
Then we can mix PostGIS functions with advanced standardized SQL features
provided by PostgreSQL 9.x itself (CTE, Window functions, FDW, join and
Even better, use PostgreSQL bindings for data analysis languages such as
R or Python to create your own dedicated function set, and integrate
them into your SQL queries.
We conclude this session with perspectives on what the combination
between GIS and data science could be.
Links to project: http://www.postgis.org
Start time: 16:00
Room: Plenary Chamber
- Plenary Office
- RESTful Geoprocessing API
- Rhine Lobby
- Open Source strategies in a federal office - migrating from closed software to OS development
- Fireplace Room
- QGIS Lessons plugin. A new way of teaching QGIS
- Room Bonn
- How WebGL vector maps work
- Garbage Collection with FOSS4G
- Room Berlin
- Geomajas: Where did we go wrong?
- Topic Talk - „become INSPIRE'd by OSGeo“