lecture: Getting it done at LocationTech
LocationTech is a working group developing advanced location aware technologies - which tells you exactly nothing about what is like to join LocationTech and get things done.
That is what this talk is for - bringing together several project leads from the LocationTech stable to cover:
How LocationTech is organized
How project promotion, marketing and fundraising works
Running a project in terms of committers, license selection and transparency
Starting a new project, incubation and release
This talk provides a background of LocationTech and we can answer your questions. The real focus is on covering the project experience as a developer.
In the past we have focused on a lot of the great technology taking shape at LocationTech, this year we would like an opportunity talk about the people, our culture and the cheerful attitude that goes into getting-it-done.
Start time: 14:30
Room: Plenary Office
- Room Berlin
- Creating Stunning Maps in GeoServer: mastering SLD and CSS styles
- Fireplace Room
- Sensor Web for Oceanology
- Plenary Chamber
- Scalability of GeoNetwork: Current Status and Future Directions
- Bait and don't switch: Using FOSS4G to attract bright young talent
- Room Bonn
- OpenDEM Generator: combining open access Digital Elevation Models into a homogenized DEM