lecture: State of GeoServer
State of GeoServer provides an update on our community and reviews the new and noteworthy features for the Project. The community keeps an aggressive six month release cycle with GeoServer 2.8 and 2.9 being released this year.
Each releases bring together exciting new features. This year a lot of work has been done on the user interface, clustering, security and compatibility with the latest Java platform. We will also take a look at community research into vector tiles, multi-resolution raster support and more.
Attend this talk for a cheerful update on what is happening with this popular OSGeo project. Whether you are an expert user, a developer, or simply curious what these projects can do for you, this talk is for you.
Links to project: https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver
Start time: 11:00
Room: Plenary Chamber
- Plenary Office
- Free, Open and Libre
- Rhine Lobby
- Open Data Revolution of the Deutsche Bahn (German Railways)
- Cheap (and good) data capture for environmental projects
- Fireplace Room
- The OGC's Standards Process and the Role of Reference Implementations
- Room Bonn
- Open Source Photogrammetry with OpenDroneMap
- Room Berlin
- Using SQLite to take maps offline on mobile devices
- Topic Talk - From big to small, and keeping track of it all - what is LocationTech working on?