lecture: Welcome to the FOSS4G Community
Welcome to the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial community. Freedom is one of the tools we use to take on the world. This presentation breaks down the principles on which our community built.
This welcome presentation is a quick orientation on open source, open data, open standards and open development.
Please attend this talk if you are new to the FOSS4G community, or would like some background on how all the fun toys you see on display fit together to form a larger picture. A larger picture we like to call the future.
Start time: 11:00
Room: Plenary Chamber
- Rhine Lobby
- Evolving JSTS to a modern port of JTS using AST transformation
- Room Bonn
- Shortest Path search in your Database and more with pgRouting
- Room Berlin
- Coordinate systems and map projections with EPSG.io
- MapStore 2, modern mashups with OL3, Leaflet and React
- Plenary Office
- Building an open source imagery browser: UX and technical decisions to develop OpenAerialMap
- Fireplace Room
- QGIS and database based system for managing urban drainage system data
- Topic Talk - How Open Source and Open Standards development profit from each other