lecture: MapServer Status Report
2015 was a big year for the MapServer project with the release of the 7.0 major version. This presentation highlights the new features included in this version, like WFS 2.0 for Inspire, UTFGrids, or heatmaps, as well
as a recap of the main features added in recent releases. It further shows the current and future directions of
the project and discusses contribution opportunities for interested developers and users.
After the status report of the MapServer project there will be the opportunity for users to interact with members of the MapServer project team in an open question/answer session. Don’t miss this chance to meet and chat face-to-face with members of the MapServer project team!
Links to project: http://mapserver.org
Start time: 16:00
Room: Plenary Chamber
- Plenary Office
- Software comes and goes. Mind the Data!
- A RESTful API for linking geodata
- Rhine Lobby
- Global Forest Watch: Using Open Data to Save the World’s Forests
- Room Berlin
- NextGIS Mobile - mobile GIS alternative
- Room Bonn
- mapchete - parallelized batch geoprocessing using Python
- Fireplace Room
- Delivering high resolution deformation maps with high performance and extensive proc
- Topic Talk - Challenges and opportunities in improving crisis response and peacebuilding through Collaborative Mapping, Open Source Geospatial Technologies and Open Data