lecture: Geomajas: Where did we go wrong?
Geomajas is an open source geospatial web development framework that has been around for almost a decade. Despite lots of hard work from our community, until today we have not been able to turn Geomajas into the big success we initially planned. I have been around Geomajas from almost the beginning, as developer, architect and PSC member.
During this talk I will shine a personal light on my hate love affair with Geomajas. I will be sharing my observations on some decisions that had a huge effect on the evolution of the framework and try to pass on my vision on how to learn from both our mistakes and successes. To conclude I will to reach out to fellow OSGeo projects, and share my view on how we, as the open source geospatial community, can help each other in becoming more successful open source projects.
Links to project: http://www.geomajas.org/
Start time: 16:00
Room: Room Berlin
- Plenary Office
- RESTful Geoprocessing API
- Rhine Lobby
- Open Source strategies in a federal office - migrating from closed software to OS development
- Fireplace Room
- QGIS Lessons plugin. A new way of teaching QGIS
- Room Bonn
- How WebGL vector maps work
- Garbage Collection with FOSS4G
- Plenary Chamber
- Using PostGIS in a real advanced way !
- Topic Talk - „become INSPIRE'd by OSGeo“