lecture: MapStore 2, modern mashups with OL3, Leaflet and React
MapStore 2 is both a framework and a standalone application.
You can use it as a framework to develop your custom WebGis application composing MapStore ReactJS components and components from other libraries (like React Bootstrap), choosing the best mapping library for your purposes. You can also use the MapStore2 application directly, to create, save, and share in a simple and intuitive way maps and mashups created by selecting content from the server such as Google Maps, OpenStreetMap or WMS and WMTS.
The MapStore 2 application consists of two main components MapManager and GeoStore, respectively front-end and back-end. MapManager allows through a unique interface to create, modify, delete and search on maps definition as well as generate a univoque link to embed a map in an external website, share your own maps with the others. GeoStore implements a flexible Java Enterprise infrastructure to manage and search maps with proper management of authentication and authorization.
The presentation will give the audience an extensive overview of the MapStore 2 functionalities for the creation of mapping portals. Eventually, a range of GeoSolutions case studies of MapStore 2 will be presented.
Links to project: http://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2
Start time: 11:00
- Rhine Lobby
- Evolving JSTS to a modern port of JTS using AST transformation
- Room Bonn
- Shortest Path search in your Database and more with pgRouting
- Room Berlin
- Coordinate systems and map projections with EPSG.io
- Plenary Office
- Building an open source imagery browser: UX and technical decisions to develop OpenAerialMap
- Plenary Chamber
- Welcome to the FOSS4G Community
- Fireplace Room
- QGIS and database based system for managing urban drainage system data
- Topic Talk - How Open Source and Open Standards development profit from each other