lecture: MapProxy in practice
MapProxy is much more that just simple cache for WMS and tile services.
The presentation shows how the more powerful features of MapProxy are used in practice.
The talk explains new and less known features of MapProxy and how they can be combined.
All examples are from actual requests form the community or requirements from customer projects.
Covered topics are:
- Mobile applications: Retina/HQ-tiles
- Use of existing tile services: Transformation, combining
- Image processing: Optimizations, watermarks, etc.
- Security: Limiting layers or geographical areas
- Efficient seeding: Updating changes and removing stale tiles
Links to project: http://mapproxy.org