lecture: Two-way-databinding on mobile applications with Yaga
Angular serves an elegant and modern way to structure HTML-single-page-applications with its MV* pattern. Directives are one of the most powerful tools in Angular. Yaga provides directives for webmapping proposes, like the map itself, markers and different kind of layers. All directives are ready to use with two way data-binding.
The main goal of Yaga is to harmonize it with Ionic. Ionic combine the power of Angular with the power of Cordova, a framework to create hybrid mobile Apps from HTML sources for all common mobile smart-devices. Additionally Ionic adds a UI that is close to the native look and feel of the mobile devices.
With this stack you are able to create a GIS application for Android, iOS and Windows at once.
In my talk I want to create a sample application and present the pros of Angulars two way data-binding and Ionics mobile UX design for mobile GIS applications with Yaga.
Links to project: https://github.com/yagajs/yaga
Start time: 16:30
Room: Room Berlin
- Rhine Lobby
- A crowd-sourced public transportation map for Nicaragua's capital
- Plenary Office
- Durable geospatial data and the budding open-source ecosystem driving it
- How Linked Open Data finds the bar near you
- Room Bonn
- Development of a new framework for Distributed Processing of Big Geospatial Data
- Plenary Chamber
- MapServer MapCache: Project Status Report
- Fireplace Room
- Identification of SAR Detected Targets on Sea in Near Real Time Applications for Maritime Surveillance