lecture: From a Knitting Podcast to a Geospatial Meetup. Building community to share your passion.
Community can be a place for learning, sharing, and commiserating. You cannot deny the importance of face to face communications, so how do you find people in your area to talk about geospatial?
This session will focus on the challenge of building community around geospatial technology and the lessons learned from podcasting to running events including ignites, camps, and day conferences. Boston has a large and strong technology sector within its businesses, government, and universities and yet, it is sometimes hard to see where geospatial fits into this community. This session is for people looking to start a meetup and people who are new to the community and interested in how to find community in their area.
Start time: 15:00
Room: Plenary Office
- Room Bonn
- Geospatial web services using little-known GDAL features and modern Perl middleware
- Plenary Chamber
- Leveraging Big Geo Data through Metadata
- Room Berlin
- GeoServer Styling Hints and Tips for Prettier Maps
- Fireplace Room
- Microservice approach of sensor data integration
- Rhine Lobby
- Development of national spatial information sharing system using the FOSS4G and CKAN , Drupal