lecture: State of GeoGig
GeoGig is having an amazing breakout year! GeoGig is a library and command line tool for distributed spatial data management. This talk will introduce you to the GeoGig team, the committers and the organizations behind the project.
We will take an extensive look at the GeoGig 1.0 release and some of the features we are excited about (improved revision management, faster import, spatial index, postgresql backend, and sqlite for local storage).
GeoGig technology is an important addition to the open source community. We will look at the work done with the QGIS project to bring distributed data management to desktop users. What is especially exciting (for those with a land management background) is the integration with GeoNode for enterprise data management.
Attend this talk to lean how GeoGig can help your organization and what the project has planned for your future.
Links to project: https://github.com/locationtech/geogig
Start time: 11:30
Room: Room Bonn
- Using and extending GeoPackages
- Room Berlin
- The new PyWPS-4: your Python based WPS server (PyWPS project report)
- Rhine Lobby
- Towards pycsw 2.0 - project report
- Plenary Chamber
- OL3-Cesium: 3D for OpenLayers
- Fireplace Room
- Flood mapping and analysis platform based on open satellite data and free and open source geospatial
- Topic Talk - Open Data with Open Software - the Copernicus Program