lecture: GeoServer Styling Hints and Tips for Prettier Maps
Web maps needn't be dull and this talk will show you how you can take your
cartographic skills from the desktop GIS to the web using SLD and GeoServer.
The initial part of the talk will introduce
desktop tools such as QGIS and UDig and how they can help novices get started
with styling maps.
Moving beyond the basics it will continue with a look at the use of functions to
modify the features being drawn.
It will include an in depth look at
how to control the placement of labels to enhance the readability of the map
especially when using tile caching to speed up map service.
The talk will finish
with a discussion of using GeoServer's composite and blending modes to provide
pretty effects that can enhance your web mapping.
Start time: 15:00
Room: Room Berlin
- Room Bonn
- Geospatial web services using little-known GDAL features and modern Perl middleware
- Plenary Chamber
- Leveraging Big Geo Data through Metadata
- Plenary Office
- From a Knitting Podcast to a Geospatial Meetup. Building community to share your passion.
- Fireplace Room
- Microservice approach of sensor data integration
- Rhine Lobby
- Development of national spatial information sharing system using the FOSS4G and CKAN , Drupal