lecture: Open Data Revolution of the Deutsche Bahn (German Railways)
Deutsche Bahn (German Railways), one of the world-leading passenger and logistics company is long-known to be very closed and conservative.
Therefore, for many it was a complete surprize when Deutsche Bahn has announced the DB Open Data Portal in Novemeber 2015 and started publishing datasets under very permissive Creative Commons licenses.
In this talk, we tell the story behind DB Open Data. About our challenges and failures, our successes and lessons learned on the way to become more open, to enable and to be enabled by the community.
We show projects which were already implemented using our Open Data and point out to boundaries we still have to break.
Links to project: http://data.deutschebahn.com/datasets/
Start time: 11:00
Room: Rhine Lobby
- Plenary Office
- Free, Open and Libre
- Cheap (and good) data capture for environmental projects
- Plenary Chamber
- State of GeoServer
- Fireplace Room
- The OGC's Standards Process and the Role of Reference Implementations
- Room Bonn
- Open Source Photogrammetry with OpenDroneMap
- Room Berlin
- Using SQLite to take maps offline on mobile devices
- Topic Talk - From big to small, and keeping track of it all - what is LocationTech working on?