lecture: Free, Open and Libre
What are the differences between free and open source? Is it just a legal issue or does it have direct consecuences? Does it really matter if a software is free or open? Which one is better for my usecase? How does the difference affect us? And how does it affect private companies? But, above all, what is "libre"? Why do we even need a third word on this subject? Will it really make a difference?
Start time: 11:00
Room: Plenary Office
- Rhine Lobby
- Open Data Revolution of the Deutsche Bahn (German Railways)
- Cheap (and good) data capture for environmental projects
- Plenary Chamber
- State of GeoServer
- Fireplace Room
- The OGC's Standards Process and the Role of Reference Implementations
- Room Bonn
- Open Source Photogrammetry with OpenDroneMap
- Room Berlin
- Using SQLite to take maps offline on mobile devices
- Topic Talk - From big to small, and keeping track of it all - what is LocationTech working on?