lecture: RESTful Geoprocessing API
We are seeing an increasing demand for a standardized REST binding for web-based geoprocessing. In this talk, we will present the ongoing discussions and developments that will lead to a RESTful binding for WPS 2.0. In the ongoing OGC Testbed-12, REST bindings for different OGC Web Services, among them WPS, will be developed and described in Public Engineering Reports. 52°North is leading the developments regarding WPS. However, this effort will need the support of the interested communities inside and outside the OGC. We want to use this talk to inform the audience about our concepts for a RESTful Geoprocessing API and we are eager to getting input for the way to go.
Links to project: http://52north.org/wps
Start time: 16:00
Room: Plenary Office
- Rhine Lobby
- Open Source strategies in a federal office - migrating from closed software to OS development
- Fireplace Room
- QGIS Lessons plugin. A new way of teaching QGIS
- Room Bonn
- How WebGL vector maps work
- Garbage Collection with FOSS4G
- Room Berlin
- Geomajas: Where did we go wrong?
- Plenary Chamber
- Using PostGIS in a real advanced way !
- Topic Talk - „become INSPIRE'd by OSGeo“